Friday, November 30, 2012

List of 10 Foods Very High in Vitamin C



Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that helps produce collagen and strengthens the immune system. Vitamin C helps heal cuts and wounds and helps maintain bones, teeth, gums, and blood vessels. It helps protect against heart disease, stroke, cataracts, and diabetes. Vitamin C is an important antioxidant and helps you properly use other vitamins and minerals such as folic acid and iron. In no particular order, here is a list of 10 foods that are very high in vitamin C.

1) Red Hot Chili Peppers
2) Thyme
3) Bell Peppers
4) Oranges
5) Broccoli
6) Kale
7) Papayas
8) Strawberries
9) Kiwifruit
10) Brussels Sprouts

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this Life-giving info :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love broccoli and kiwi. I put both in my daily smoothie. I use broccoli when I tire a bit from spinach, or when I am out of it. I freeze both for convenience!

    ReplyDelete