Wednesday, January 9, 2013

5 Strange Home Remedies Involving Potatoes

Do all of these remedies actually work? Maybe not, but hopefully you find them as interesting as I did!

1. The Incas placed potatoes on broken bones to help healing.

2. Warm potatoes have been often used as warm compress to treat sties. The potato is said to draw the infection out of the eye.

3. Drinking freshly squeezed potato juice first thing in the morning has been said to help with gas.

4. Washing your face with cool potato juice is is said to clean up blemishes.

5. Carrying a potato in your pocket was thought to cure toothaches.


2 comments:

  1. I Cary a patatoe in my pocket all the time . My teeth never give metrouble lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandfather carried a potato in his pocket for more than 40yrs - to ward off arthritis :)

    ReplyDelete